Eligibility restrictions for certain resident aliens.
(a) Restriction. Certain newly legalized aliens, as described in 24 CFR part 49, are not eligible to apply for benefits under covered activities funded by the programs listed in paragraph (e) of this section. “Benefits” under this section means financial assistance, public services, jobs and access to new or rehabilitated housing and other facilities made available under covered activities funded by programs listed in paragraph (e) of this section. “Benefits” do not include relocation services and payments to which displacees are entitled by law.
(b) Covered activities. “Covered activities” under this section means activities meeting the requirements of § 570.208(a) that either:
(1) Have income eligibility requirements limiting the benefits exclusively to low and moderate income persons; or
(2) Are targeted geographically or otherwise to primarily benefit low and moderate income persons (excluding activities serving the public at large, such as sewers, roads, sidewalks, and parks), and that provide benefits to persons on the basis of an application.
(c) Limitation on coverage. The restrictions under this section apply only to applicants for new benefits not being received by covered resident aliens as of the effective date of this section.
(d) Compliance. Compliance can be accomplished by obtaining certification as provided in 24 CFR 49.20.
(e) Programs affected.(1) The Community Development Block Grant program for small cities, administered under subpart F of part 570 of this title until closeout of the recipient's grant.
(2) The Community Development Block Grant program for entitlement grants, administered under subpart D of part 570 of this title.
(3) The Community Development Block Grant program for States, administered under subpart I of part 570 of this title until closeout of the unit of general local government's grant by the State.
(4) The Urban Development Action Grants program, administered under subpart G of part 570 of this title until closeout of the recipient's grant.
[55 FR 18494, May 2, 1990]
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.