(a) Implements policy, assigns responsibilities, and prescribes procedures under 20 U.S.C. chapter 33 and 20 U.S.C. 921-932, 10 U.S.C. 2164, DoD Directive 1342.6 1, DoD Directive 1342.21, DoD Instruction 1342.26, DoD Directive 1342.13, and DoD Directive 5105.4 for the following:
Footnote(s):1 All unclassified DoD Directives, DoD Instructions, and DoD Publications mentioned in this part may be obtained via Internet at http://www.dticmil/whs/directives.
(1) Provision of early intervention services (EIS) to infants and toddlers with disabilities (birth through 2 years, inclusive) and their families, and special education and related services (hereafter referred to as “special services”) to children with disabilities (ages 3 through 21 years, inclusive) entitled to receive special services from the Department of Defense in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 2164, DoD Directive 1342.6, DoD Directive 1342.21, DoD Instruction 1342.26, DoD Directive 1342.13, and DoD Directive 5105.4.
(2) Implementation of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program of EIS for infants and toddlers (birth through 2 years, inclusive) with disabilities, and their families.
(3) Provision of a free, appropriate public education (FAPE) including special education and related services for children with disabilities enrolled in the DoD school systems, as specified in their Individualized Educational Programs (IEP).
(4) Monitoring of DoD programs providing EIS, special education, and related services for compliance with this part.
(5) Establishment of a DoD Advisory Panel (DoD-AP) on Early Intervention, Special Education, and Related Services and a DoD Coordinating Committee (DoD-CC) on Early Intervention, Special Education, and Related Services in accordance with DoD Directive 5105.4.
(b) Authorizes implementing instructions, a DoD Manual entitled “Standard Operating Procedures for the Provision of Early Intervention, Special Education and Related Services,” consistent with DoD 5025.1-M and DoD forms consistent with DoD 8910.1-M, DoD Instruction 7750.7, and Hospital Accreditation Standards.
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.