32 CFR 621.1 - Loan of Army/Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) owned property for use at national and State conventions.
prev | next
(1) Prescribes procedures for loan of Army-owned property to recognized National Veterans' Organizations for National or State conventions as authorized by Pub. L. 81-193.
(2) Request for loans for National Youth Athletic or recreation tournaments sponsored by veterans' organizations listed in the “Veterans Administration Bulletin 23 (ALPHA),” will be processed by parent veterans' organizations.
(b) Items authorized for loan. If available, the following items may be loaned for authorized veterans' organizations requirements.
(1) Requests by authorized veterans' organizations for loan of authorized Government property will be submitted to the appropriate CONUS Army Commander of the area in which the convention will be held or the Commander, Military District of Washington (MDW) if within his area.
(2) The tenure of loan is limited to 15 days from the date of delivery, except under unusual circumstances. A narrative explanation will be provided to support loan requests for more than 15 days duration.
(3) Loan requests should be submitted by letter at least 45 days prior to required date, if practicable.
(1) When the availability of personal and real property is determined, notify the requesting veterans' organization of the following:
(iii) No expense will be incurred by the United States Government in providing equipment and facilities on loan.
(iv) Costs of packaging, packing, transportation and handling from source of supply to destination and return will be borne by the requesting organization.
(v) All charges for utilities (gas, water, heat, and electricity) based on meter readings or such other methods determined will be paid by the veterans' organization.
(vi) Charges which may accrue from loan of DLA/GSA material in accordance with paragraph III, AR 700-49/DSAR 4140.27, and GSA Order 4848.7 and Federal Property Management Regulations, subparagraph 101-27.5.
(viii) Costs of renovation and repair of items loaned will be borne by the requesting organization. Renovation and repair will be accomplished in accordance with agreement between the Army Commander and the loanee to assure expeditious return of items.
(ix) Transportation costs in connection with the repair and renovation of property will also be at the expense of the using organization.
(x) Assure that sufficient guards and such other personnel necessary to protect, maintain, and operate the equipment will be provided by the loanee.
(xi) The period of loan is limited to 15 days from date of delivery, except as provided for in paragraph (c) of this section.
(xiii) Upon termination of use, the veterans' organization will vacate the premises, remove its own property therefrom, and turn over all Government property.
(2) Specify a bond in an amount to insure safe return of real and personal property in the same condition as when borrowed. (In the case of personal property, this amount will be equal to the total value of the items based on current acquisition costs.)
(i) An agreement will be executed between the Army Commander and the Veterans' Organization if the terms of the loan are acceptable. A sample loan agreement is shown at figure 7-5 of this subchapter.
(ii) When the agreement has been executed and the bond furnished, requisitions will be submitted to the appropriate source of supply. Requisitions will indicate shipping destination furnished by the veterans' organization. Transportation will be by commercial bills of lading on a collect basis.
(iii) Appoint a Property Book Officer to maintain accountability for the Government property furnished under this regulation.
(i) Assume accountability from the document used in transferring property to the custody of the veterans' organization.
(ii) Perform a joint inventory with the veterans' organization representative. Survey any shortage or damages disclosed by the joint inventory in accordance with AR 735-11.
(iv) Prepare, in cooperation with the veterans' organization representative, an inventory of property being returned. Certify all copies of the receipt document with the veterans' organization representative.
(v) Insure the return of all property at the expense of loanee to the supply source or to repair facilities.
(C) Comply with instructions contained in AR 700-49/DSAR 4140.27 in the application of condition A and/or B, C, and T items utilized.
(D) Ascertain that items lost in transit are reconciled prior to assessing charges. Where the loss is attributable to other than the loanee, charges should not be borne by the borrower.
(viii) Request payment from the loanee. Checks are to be made payable to the Treasurer of the United States. Upon receipt of payment, appropriate fiscal accounts will be credited. The Property Transaction Record will be closed and the Stock Record Accounts audited.
(ix) Deposit collections in accordance with instructions contained in AR 37-103. In the event payment is not received within a reasonable period, Report of Survey Action will be initiated in accordance with AR 735-11.
Title 32 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.