38 CFR 21.296 - Selecting a training establishment for on-job training.
(a) Additional criteria for selecting a training establishment. In addition to meeting all of the requirements of § 21.294 the training establishment must:
(2) Provide continuous training for each veteran without interruption except for normal holidays and vacation periods;
(3) Provide daytime training for the veteran except when the veteran cannot obtain necessary on-job or related training during the working hours of the day;
(4) Modify the program when necessary to compensate for the limitations resulting from the veteran's disability or needs;
(6) Encourage rapid progress of each veteran rather than limit the progress of the individual to the progress of the group;
(7) Not, during the period of training, use the veteran on production activities beyond the point of efficient training;
(8) Agree to pay the veteran during training (except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section) a salary or wage rate;
(iii) Not less than that customarily paid to nonveteran-trainees in the same or similar training situation;
(9) Agree to provide the veteran with employment at the end of the training program, provided the veteran's conduct and progress have been satisfactory; and
(10) Agree to furnish VA a statement in writing showing wages, compensation, and other income paid directly or indirectly to each veteran in training under Chapter 31 during the month.
(b) On-job training at subminimum wage rates. A subminimum hourly wage rate for handicapped workers may be considered where necessary in order to prevent curtailment of opportunities for employment. Payment at the subminimum rate must be approved by the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 3115)
[49 FR 40814, Oct. 18, 1984; 50 FR 9622, Mar. 11, 1985]
Title 38 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.