40 CFR 123.43 - Transmission of information to EPA.
(a) Each State agency administering a permit program shall transmit to the Regional Administrator copies of permit program forms and any other relevant information to the extent and in the manner agreed to by the State Director and Regional Administrator in the Memorandum of Agreement and not inconsistent with this part. Proposed permits shall be prepared by State agencies unless agreement to the contrary has been reached under § 123.44(j). The Memorandum of Agreement shall provide for the following:
(1) Prompt transmission to the Regional Administrator of a copy of all complete permit applications received by the State Director, except those for which permit review has been waived under § 123.24(d). The State shall supply EPA with copies of permit applications for which permit review has been waived whenever requested by EPA;
(2) Prompt transmission to the Regional Administrator of notice of every action taken by the State agency related to the consideration of any permit application or general permit, including a copy of each proposed or draft permit and any conditions, requirements, or documents which are related to the proposed or draft permit or which affect the authorization of the proposed permit, except those for which permit review has been waived under § 123.24(d). The State shall supply EPA with copies of notices for which permit review has been waived whenever requested by EPA; and
(3) Transmission to the Regional Administrator of a copy of every issued permit following issuance, along with any and all conditions, requirements, or documents which are related to or affect the authorization of the permit.
(b) If the State intends to waive any of the permit application requirements of § 122.21(j) or (q) of this chapter for a specific applicant, the Director must submit a written request to the Regional Administrator no less than 210 days prior to permit expiration. This request must include the State's justification for granting the waiver.
(1) Notices from publicly owned treatment works under § 122.42(b) and 40 CFR part 403, upon request of the Regional Administrator;
(2) A copy of any significant comments presented in writing pursuant to the public notice of a draft permit and a summary of any significant comments presented at any hearing on any draft permit, except those comments regarding permits for which permit review has been waived under § 123.24(d) and for which EPA has not otherwise requested receipt, if:
(ii) The proposed permit contains requirements significantly different from those contained in the tentative determination and draft permit; or
(iii) Significant comments objecting to the tentative determination and draft permit have been presented at the hearing or in writing pursuant to the public notice.
(d) Any State permit program shall keep such records and submit to the Administrator such information as the Administrator may reasonably require to ascertain whether the State program complies with the requirements of CWA or of this part.
[48 FR 14178, Apr. 1, 1983, as amended at 60 FR 33931, June 29, 1995; 64 FR 42470, Aug. 4, 1999]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.