§ 430.20Effective dates of State plans and plan amendments.
For purposes of FFP, the following rules apply:
(a)New plans. The effective date of a new plan—
(1) May not be earlier than the first day of the quarter in which an approvable plan is submitted to the regional office; and
(2) With respect to expenditures for medical assistance, may not be earlier than the first day on which the plan is in operation on a statewide basis.
(1) For a plan amendment that provides additional services to individuals eligible under the approved plan, increases the payment amounts for services already included in the plan, or makes additional groups eligible for services provided under the approved plan, the effective date is determined in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) For a plan amendment that changes the State's payment method and standards, the rules of § 447.256 of this chapter apply.
(3) For other plan amendments, the effective date may be a date requested by the State if CMS approves it.
[53 FR 36571, Sept. 21, 1988, as amended at 56 FR 8845, Mar. 1, 1991]
Title 42 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 42.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.