45 CFR 265.8 - Under what circumstances will we take action to impose a reporting penalty for failure to submit quarterly and annual reports?
(a) We will take action to impose a reporting penalty under § 262.1(a)(3) of this chapter if:
(1) A State fails to file the quarterly TANF Data Report, the quarterly TANF Financial Report (or, as applicable, the Territorial Financial Report), or the quarterly SSP-MOE Data Report (if applicable) within 45 days of the end of the quarter;
(2) The disaggregated data in the TANF Data Report or the SSP-MOE Data Report are not accurate or a report does not include all the data required by section 411(a) of the Act (other than section 411(a)(1)(A)(xii) of the Act) or the nine additional elements necessary to carry out the data collection system requirements, including the social security number;
(3) The aggregated data elements in the TANF Data Report or the SSP-MOE Data Report required by section 411(a) of the Act are not accurate and the report does not include the data elements necessary to carry out the data collection system requirements and to verify and validate the disaggregated data;
(4) The TANF Financial Report (or, as applicable, the Territorial Financial Report) does not contain complete and accurate information on total expenditures and expenditures on administrative costs and transitional services; or
(5) The annual report under § 265.9 does not contain the description of transitional services provided by a State to families no longer receiving assistance due to employment.
(b) If we determine that a State meets one or more of the conditions set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, we will notify the State that we intend to reduce the SFAG payable for the immediately succeeding fiscal year.
(c) We will not impose the penalty at § 262.1(a)(3) of this chapter if the State files the complete and accurate quarterly report or the annual report before the end of the fiscal quarter that immediately succeeds the fiscal quarter for which the reports were required.
(d) If the State does not file all reports as provided under paragraph (a) of this section by the end of the immediately succeeding fiscal quarter, the penalty provisions of §§ 262.4 through 262.6 of this chapter will apply.
(e) Subject to paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section and §§ 262.4 through 262.6 of this chapter, for each quarter for which a State fails to meet the reporting requirements, we will reduce the SFAG payable by an amount equal to four percent of the adjusted SFAG (or a lesser amount if the State achieves substantial compliance under a corrective compliance plan).
[71 FR 37483, June 29, 2006]
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.