45 CFR 309.65 - What must a Tribe or Tribal organization include in a Tribal IV-D plan in order to demonstrate capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program?
(a) A Tribe or Tribal organization demonstrates capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program meeting the objectives of title IV-D of the Act and these regulations by submission of a Tribal IV-D plan which contains the required elements listed in paragraphs (a)(1) through (14) of this section:
(1) A description of the population subject to the jurisdiction of the Tribal court or administrative agency for child support purposes as specified under § 309.70;
(2) Evidence that the Tribe or Tribal organization has in place procedures for accepting all applications for IV-D services and promptly providing IV-D services required by law and regulation;
(3) Assurance that the due process rights of the individuals involved will be protected in all activities of the Tribal IV-D program, including establishment of paternity, and establishment, modification, and enforcement of support orders;
(4) Administrative and management procedures as specified under § 309.75;
(5) Safeguarding procedures as specified under § 309.80;
(6) Assurance that the Tribe or Tribal organization will maintain records as specified under § 309.85;
(7) Copies of all applicable Tribal laws and regulations as specified under § 309.90;
(8) Procedures for the location of noncustodial parents as specified under § 309.95;
(9) Procedures for the establishment of paternity as specified under § 309.100;
(10) Guidelines for the establishment and modification of child support obligations as specified under § 309.105;
(11) Procedures for income withholding as specified under § 309.110;
(12) Procedures for the distribution of child support collections as specified under § 309.115;
(13) Procedures for intergovernmental case processing as specified under § 309.120; and
(14) Tribally-determined performance targets for paternity establishment, support order establishment, amount of current support to be collected, amount of past due support to be collected, and any other performance measures a Tribe or Tribal organization may want to submit.
(b) If a Tribe or Tribal organization currently is unable to satisfy any or all of the requirements specified in paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) It may demonstrate capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program meeting the objectives of title IV-D of the Act and these regulations by submission of an application for start-up funding as required by § 309.16(a) of this part.
Title 45 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.