(1) Meet and organize as soon as practical after the beginning of each term of office, select a chairman and such other officers' as may be necessary, select subcommittees and adopt such rules and procedures for the conduct of its business as it may deem advisable;
(2) Act as intermediary between the Secretary and any producer or handler;
(3) Appoint such employees, agents and representatives as it may deem necessary and determine the salaries and define the duties of each;
(4) Keep minutes, books, and records which clearly reflect all its acts and transactions. Such minutes, books and records shall be subject to examination at any time by the Secretary;
(5) Furnish promptly notices of meetings, copies of the minutes of each committee meeting, and such other reports or information as may be requested by the Secretary, including annual reports of each area committee's operations for the preceding marketing season or fiscal period;
(6) Make available to producers, and to other area committees and the Colorado Potato Committee the committee's voting record on recommended regulations and other matters of policy;
(7) Meet jointly with other area committees when requested to do so by the Colorado Potato Committee;
(8) Consult, cooperate, and exchange information with other area committees, with other marketing agreement committees and other agencies or individuals in connection with proper committee activities and objectives;
(9) Take any proper action necessary to carry out the provisions of this subpart; and
(10) Cause the books of the committee to be audited by a competent accountant at least once each fiscal period.
(b) The Colorado Potato Committee shall also:
(1) Supervise the regulation of shipments pursuant to the provisions of the general cull regulation in the absence of more restrictive regulations, and shall cooperate with any area committee in administering any regulation issued pursuant to this subpart;
(2) Make recommendations to the Secretary with respect to suspending or modifying the provisions of the general cull regulation;
(3) Make available to area committees its voting record on recommendations for modification of the cull regulation and other matters of policy;
(4) Submit to each area committee such available information as may be requested; and
(5) Call joint meetings of area committees on matters requiring consideration of statewide marketing policies when requested to do so by an area committee.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.