Uniform Commercial Code
UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE - ARTICLE 7
Copyright 1978, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 by The American Law Institute
and the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws; reproduced,
published and distributed with the permission of the Permanent Editorial Board
for the Uniform Commercial Code for the limited purposes of study, teaching,
and academic research.
WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS, BILLS OF LADING AND OTHER DOCUMENTS OF TITLE
[For Article 7 as enacted by a particular state and any proposed revisions click here.]
PART 1. GENERAL
- § 7-101. Short Title.
- § 7-102. Definitions and Index of Definitions.
- § 7-103. Relation of Article to Treaty, Statute, Tariff, Classification or Regulation.
- § 7-104. Negotiable and Non-negotiable Warehouse Receipt, Bill of Lading or Other Document of Title.
- § 7-105. Construction Against Negative Implication.
PART 2. WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS: SPECIAL PROVISIONS
- § 7-201. Who May Issue a Warehouse Receipt; Storage Under Government Bond.
- § 7-202. Form of Warehouse Receipt; Essential Terms; Optional Terms.
- § 7-203. Liability for Non-receipt or Misdescription.
- § 7-204. Duty of Care; Contractual Limitation of Warehouseman's Liability.
- § 7-205. Title Under Warehouse Receipt Defeated in Certain Cases.
- § 7-206. Termination of Storage at Warehouseman's Option.
- § 7-207. Goods Must Be Kept Separate; Fungible Goods.
- § 7-208. Altered Warehouse Receipts.
- § 7-209. Lien of Warehouseman.
- § 7-210. Enforcement of Warehouseman's Lien.
PART 3. BILLS OF LADING: SPECIAL PROVISIONS
- § 7-301. Liability for Non-receipt or Misdescription; "Said to Contain"; "Shipper's Load and Count"; Improper Handling.
- § 7-302. Through Bills of Lading and Similar Documents.
- § 7-303. Diversion; Reconsignment; Change of Instructions.
- § 7-304. Bills of Lading in a Set.
- § 7-305. Destination Bills.
- § 7-306. Altered Bills of Lading.
- § 7-307. Lien of Carrier.
- § 7-308. Enforcement of Carrier's Lien.
- § 7-309. Duty of Care; Contractual Limitation of Carrier's Liability.
PART 4. WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS AND BILLS OF LADING: GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
- § 7-401. Irregularities in Issue of Receipt or Bill or Conduct of Issuer.
- § 7-402. Duplicate Receipt or Bill; Overissue.
- § 7-403. Obligation of Warehouseman or Carrier to Deliver; Excuse.
- § 7-404. No Liability for Good Faith Delivery Pursuant to Receipt or Bill.
PART 5. WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS AND BILLS OF LADING: NEGOTIATION AND TRANSFER
- § 7-501. Form of Negotiation and Requirements of "Due Negotiation".
- § 7-502. Rights Acquired by Due Negotiation.
- § 7-503. Document of Title to Goods Defeated in Certain Cases.
- § 7-504. Rights Acquired in the Absence of Due Negotiation; Effect of Diversion; Seller's Stoppage of Delivery.
- § 7-505. Indorser Not a Guarantor for Other Parties.
- § 7-506. Delivery Without Indorsement: Right to Compel Indorsement.
- § 7-507. Warranties on Negotiation or Transfer of Receipt or Bill.
- § 7-508. Warranties of Collecting Bank as to Documents.
- § 7-509. Receipt or Bill: When Adequate Compliance With Commercial Contract.