16 U.S. Code § 4909 - Petitions
(a) In general
Any person may at any time submit to the Secretary a petition in writing requesting that the Secretary exercise authority of the Secretary under this chapter to—
(1) establish, modify, or terminate any prohibition, suspension, or quota under this chapter on importation of any species of exotic bird;
(2) add a species of exotic bird to, or remove such a species from, a list under section 4905 of this title; or
(3) determine under section 4906 of this title whether an exotic bird breeding facility is a qualifying facility.
(b) Consideration and ruling
For each petition submitted to the Secretary in accordance with subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary shall—
(1) within 90 days after receiving the petition, issue and publish in the Federal Register a preliminary ruling regarding whether the petition presents sufficient information indicating that the action requested in the petition might be warranted; and
(2) for each petition determined to present such sufficient information—
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.