Without regard to the limitations specified in sections
837b of this title, the Secretary may enter into contracts for the exchange with areas other than the Pacific Northwest of
(1) surplus energy during the Pacific Northwest storage refill period,
(2) any hydroelectric energy during the Pacific Northwest storage refill period which will be returned to the Pacific Northwest in equal amounts during the same Pacific Northwest refill period or the succeeding storage drawdown period,
(3) any hydroelectric energy which will be returned to the Pacific Northwest in equal amounts during the same Pacific Northwest storage drawdown period,
(4) hydroelectric peaking capacity, or
(5) surplus peaking capacity for energy. All benefits from such exchanges, including resulting increases of firm power, shall be shared equitably by the areas involved, having regard to the secondary energy and other contributions made by each.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.