2 U.S. Code § 123d - Senate Computer Center
(a) Senate Computer Center Revolving Fund
(1) There is hereby established in the Treasury of the United States a revolving fund within the contingent fund of the Senate to be known as the Senate Computer Center Revolving Fund (hereafter in this section referred to as the “revolving fund”).
(2) The revolving fund shall be available only for paying the salaries of personnel employed under subsection (c) of this section, and agency contributions attributable thereto, and for paying refunds under contracts entered into under subsection (b) of this section.
(3) Within 90 days after the end of each fiscal year, the Secretary of the Senate shall withdraw all amounts in the revolving fund in excess of $100,000, other than amounts required to make refunds under subsection (b)(2)(B) of this section, and shall deposit the amounts withdrawn in the Treasury of the United States as miscellaneous receipts.
(b) Contracts for use of Senate computer; approval; terms
(1) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (2), the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate is authorized to enter into contracts with any agency or instrumentality of the legislative branch for the use of any available time on the Senate computer.
(2) No contract may be entered into under paragraph (1) unless it has been approved by the Committee on Rules and Administration of the Senate, and no such contract may extend beyond the end of the fiscal year in which it is entered into. Each contract entered into under paragraph (1) shall contain—
(B) a provision requiring refund of a proportionate amount of such advance payment if the total amount of time contracted for is not used.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any agency or instrumentality of the legislative branch is authorized to make advance payments under a contract entered into under paragraph (1).
(c) Additional personnel
To the extent that the personnel of the Senate Computer Center are unable to carry out the contracts entered into under subsection (b) of this section according to their terms and conditions, the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate is authorized to employ such additional personnel for the Senate Computer Center as may be necessary to carry out such contracts, and to pay the salaries of such additional personnel, and agency contributions attributable thereto, from the revolving fund. Such additional personnel may temporarily be assigned to perform the regular functions of the Senate Computer Center when their services are not needed to carry out such contracts.
Disbursements from the revolving fund under subsections (b) and (c) of this section shall be made upon vouchers signed by the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, except that vouchers shall not be required for the disbursement of salaries of employees paid at an annual rate.