2 U.S. Code § 1503 - Exclusions
This chapter shall not apply to any provision in a bill, joint resolution, amendment, motion, or conference report before Congress and any provision in a proposed or final Federal regulation that—
(2) establishes or enforces any statutory rights that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or disability;
(3) requires compliance with accounting and auditing procedures with respect to grants or other money or property provided by the Federal Government;
(4) provides for emergency assistance or relief at the request of any State, local, or tribal government or any official of a State, local, or tribal government;
(5) is necessary for the national security or the ratification or implementation of international treaty obligations;
(6) the President designates as emergency legislation and that the Congress so designates in statute; or
Source(Pub. L. 104–4, § 4,Mar. 22, 1995, 109 Stat. 49.)
References in Text
This chapter, referred to in text, was in the original “this Act”, meaning Pub. L. 104–4, Mar. 22, 1995, 109 Stat. 48, known as the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 1501 of this title and Tables.
The Social Security Act, referred to in par. (7), is act Aug. 14, 1935, ch. 531, 49 Stat. 620, as amended. Title II of the Act is classified generally to subchapter II (§ 401 et seq.) of chapter 7 of Title 42, The Public Health and Welfare. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see section 1305 of Title 42 and Tables.