20 U.S. Code § 4451 - Authorization of appropriations
prev | next
(a) Subchapter I
(1) There are authorized to be appropriated for each fiscal year such sums as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of subchapter I of this chapter.
(2) Funds appropriated under the authority of paragraph (1) shall remain available without fiscal year limitation.
(3) Except as provided for amounts subject to section 4425 (d)  of this title, amounts appropriated under the authority of this subsection for fiscal year 1989, and for each succeeding fiscal year, shall be paid to the Institute at the later of—
(4) Funds appropriated under this subsection for the fiscal year 1992 and for each succeeding fiscal year shall be transferred by the Secretary of the Treasury through the most expeditious method available with the Institute being designated as its own certifying agency.
(5) Funds are authorized to be appropriated for programs for more than one fiscal year. For the purpose of affording adequate notice of funding available under this chapter,  amounts appropriated in an appropriations Act for any fiscal year to carry out this chapter  may, subject to the appropriation, become available for obligations on July 1 of that fiscal year.
(b) Subchapter II
There are authorized to be appropriated for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of subchapter II of this chapter—
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 99–498, title XV, § 1531,Oct. 17, 1986, 100 Stat. 1612; Pub. L. 100–297, title V, § 5406(c),Apr. 28, 1988, 102 Stat. 418; Pub. L. 101–644, title V, § 506,Nov. 29, 1990, 104 Stat. 4672.)
References in Text
Section 4425 of this title, referred to in subsec. (a)(3), was amended generally by Pub. L. 101–644, title V, § 505,Nov. 29, 1990, 104 Stat. 4669, and, as so amended, provisions similar to subsec. (d) are contained in subsec. (a)(4).
This chapter, referred to in subsec. (a)(5), was in the original “this Act” and was translated as reading “this title”, meaning title XV of Pub. L. 99–498to reflect the probable intent of Congress.
1990—Subsec. (a)(4), (5). Pub. L. 101–644added pars. (4) and (5).
1988—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 100–297amended subsec. (a) generally. Prior to amendment, subsec. (a) read as follows: “There are authorized to be appropriated for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of subchapter I of this chapter—
“(1) for fiscal year 1987, $4,000,000, and
“(2) for each succeeding fiscal year, such sums as may be necessary to carry out such provisions.”
Effective Date of 1988 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.