22 U.S. Code § 3903 - Members of Service
The following are the members of the Service:
(1) Chiefs of mission, appointed under section 3942 (a)(1) of this title or assigned under section 3982 (c) of this title.
(3) Members of the Senior Foreign Service, appointed under section 3942 (a)(1) or 3943 of this title, who are the corps of leaders and experts for the management of the Service and the performance of its functions.
(4) Foreign Service officers, appointed under section 3942 (a)(1) of this title, who have general responsibility for carrying out the functions of the Service.
(5) Foreign Service personnel, United States citizens appointed under section 3943 of this title, who provide skills and services required for effective performance by the Service.
(6) Foreign national employees, foreign nationals appointed under section 3943 of this title, who provide clerical, administrative, technical, fiscal, and other support at Foreign Service posts abroad.
(7) Consular agents, appointed under section 3943 of this title by the Secretary of State, who provide consular and related services as authorized by the Secretary of State at specified locations abroad where no Foreign Service posts are situated.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.