The President shall, as soon as feasible after July 2, 1964, convene one or more conferences for the purpose of enabling the leaders of groups whose members will be affected by this subchapter to become familiar with the rights afforded and obligations imposed by its provisions, and for the purpose of making plans which will result in the fair and effective administration of this subchapter when all of its provisions become effective. The President shall invite the participation in such conference or conferences of
(1) the members of the President’s Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity,
(2) the members of the Commission on Civil Rights,
(3) representatives of State and local agencies engaged in furthering equal employment opportunity,
(4) representatives of private agencies engaged in furthering equal employment opportunity, and
(5) representatives of employers, labor organizations, and employment agencies who will be subject to this subchapter.
Ex. Ord. No. 11197, eff. Feb. 5, 1965, 30 F.R. 1721, which established the President’s Council on Equal Opportunity, was revoked by Ex. Ord. No. 11247, eff. Sept. 24, 1965, 30 F.R. 12327, formerly set out as a note under section
2000d–1 of this title.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.