5 U.S. Code § 6504 - Policy and support
(a) Agency Consultation With the Office of Personnel Management.— Each executive agency shall consult with the Office of Personnel Management in developing telework policies.
(b) Guidance and Consultation.— The Office of Personnel Management shall—
(1) provide policy and policy guidance for telework in the areas of pay and leave, agency closure, performance management, official worksite, recruitment and retention, and accommodations for employees with disabilities;
(2) assist each agency in establishing appropriate qualitative and quantitative measures and teleworking goals; and
(3) consult with—
(A) the Federal Emergency Management Agency on policy and policy guidance for telework in the areas of continuation of operations and long-term emergencies;
(B) the General Services Administration on policy and policy guidance for telework in the areas of telework centers, travel, technology, equipment, and dependent care; and
(c) Security Guidelines.—
(1) In general.— The Director of the Office of Management and Budget, in coordination with the Department of Homeland Security and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, shall issue guidelines not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this chapter to ensure the adequacy of information and security protections for information and information systems used while teleworking.
(2) Contents.— Guidelines issued under this subsection shall, at a minimum, include requirements necessary to—
(B) protect agency information (including personally identifiable information) and information systems;
(d) Continuity of Operations Plans.—
(1) Incorporation into continuity of operations plans.— Each executive agency shall incorporate telework into the continuity of operations plan of that agency.
(e) Telework Website.— The Office of Personnel Management shall—
(2) include on that website related—
(f) Policy Guidance on Purchasing Computer Systems.— Not later than 120 days after the date of the enactment of this chapter, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget shall issue policy guidance requiring each executive agency when purchasing computer systems, to purchase computer systems that enable and support telework, unless the head of the agency determines that there is a mission-specific reason not to do so.