10 U.S. Code § 2924 - Definitions
prev | next
In this chapter:
(1) The term “defined fuel source” means any of the following:
(2) The term “energy-efficient maintenance” includes—
(A) the repair of military vehicles, equipment, or facility and infrastructure systems, such as lighting, heating, or cooling equipment or systems, or industrial processes, by replacement with technology that—
(A) The term “energy security” means having assured access to reliable supplies of energy and the ability to protect and deliver sufficient energy to meet mission essential requirements.
(B) In selecting facility energy projects that will use renewable energy sources, pursuit of energy security means the installation will give favorable consideration to projects that provide power directly to a military facility or into the installation electrical distribution network. In such cases, projects should be prioritized to provide power for assets critical to mission essential requirements on the installation in the event of a disruption in the commercial grid.
(4) The term “hybrid”, with respect to a motor vehicle, means a motor vehicle that draws propulsion energy from onboard sources of stored energy that are both—
(5) The term “operational energy” means the energy required for training, moving, and sustaining military forces and weapons platforms for military operations. The term includes energy used by tactical power systems and generators and weapons platforms.
(6) The term “petroleum” means natural or synthetic crude, blends of natural or synthetic crude, and products refined or derived from natural or synthetic crude or from such blends.
(7) The term “renewable energy source” means energy generated from renewable sources, including the following:
(H) New hydroelectric generation capacity achieved from increased efficiency or additions of new capacity at an existing hydroelectric project. For purposes of this subparagraph, hydroelectric generation capacity is “new” if it was placed in service on or after January 1, 1999.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.