6 U.S. Code § 215 - Definition
In this part, the term “customs revenue function” means the following:
(1) Assessing and collecting customs duties (including antidumping and countervailing duties and duties imposed under safeguard provisions), excise taxes, fees, and penalties due on imported merchandise, including classifying and valuing merchandise for purposes of such assessment.
(2) Processing and denial of entry of persons, baggage, cargo, and mail, with respect to the assessment and collection of import duties.
(3) Detecting and apprehending persons engaged in fraudulent practices designed to circumvent the customs laws of the United States.
(4) Enforcing section 1337 of title 19 and provisions relating to import quotas and the marking of imported merchandise, and providing Customs Recordations for copyrights, patents, and trademarks.
(7) Functions performed by the following personnel, and associated support staff, of the United States Customs Service on the day before the effective date of this chapter: Import Specialists, Entry Specialists, Drawback Specialists, National Import Specialist, Fines and Penalties Specialists, attorneys of the Office of Regulations and Rulings, Customs Auditors, International Trade Specialists, Financial Systems Specialists.
(8) Functions performed by the following offices, with respect to any function described in any of paragraphs (1) through (7), and associated support staff, of the United States Customs Service on the day before the effective date of this chapter: the Office of Information and Technology, the Office of Laboratory Services, the Office of the Chief Counsel, the Office of Congressional Affairs, the Office of International Affairs, and the Office of Training and Development.
Source(Pub. L. 107–296, title IV, § 415,Nov. 25, 2002, 116 Stat. 2180.)
References in Text
This part, referred to in text, was in the original “this subtitle”, meaning subtitle B (§§ 411–419) of title IV of Pub. L. 107–296, Nov. 25, 2002, 116 Stat. 2178, which enacted this part, amended section 5314 of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, section 58c of Title 19, Customs Duties, and provisions set out as a note under section 2075 of Title 19. For complete classification of subtitle B to the Code, see Tables.