10 CFR 1008.9 - Action in response to a request for access: initial denial of access.
(a) A request by an individual for information about or access to a record or information pertaining to that individual that is contained in a system of records may be denied only upon a determination by the appropriate System Manager, with the concurrence of the appropriate General Counsel, that:
(1) The record is subject to an exemption under§ 1008.12;
(2) The record is information compiled in reasonable anticipation of a civil action or proceeding; or
(b) The Privacy Act Officer shall give written notice of the denial of a request of information about or access to records or information pertaining to the individual and contained in a system of records. Such written notice shall be sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested and shall include the following information:
(2) The reasons for the denial, including citation to the appropriate sections of the Privacy Act and this part; and
(3) Notification of the individual's right to appeal the denial pursuant to§ 1008.11 and to administrative and judicial review under 5 U.S.C. 552a(g)(1)(B), as limited by 552a(g)(5).
(1) Require the furnishing of information or records that are not retrieved by the name or by some other identifying number, symbol or identifying particular of the individual making the request;
(2) Prevent a System Manager from waiving any exemption authorizing the denial of records, in accordance with§ 1008.12.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 1008.