10 CFR § 2.713 - Initial decision and its effect.
(a) After hearing, the presiding officer will render an initial decision which will constitute the final action of the Commission forty (40) days after its date unless any party petitions for Commission review in accordance with § 2.341 or the Commission takes review sua sponte.
(2) Omit an initial decision on a finding that due and timely execution of its functions imperatively and unavoidably so requires.
(c) An initial decision will be in writing and will be based on the whole record and supported by reliable, probative, and substantial evidence. The initial decision will include:
(1) Findings, conclusions, and rulings, with the reasons or basis for them, on all material issues of fact, law, or discretion presented on-the-record;
(2) All facts officially noticed and relied on in making the decision;
(3) The appropriate ruling, order, or denial of relief with the effective date;
(4) The time within which a petition for review of the decision may be filed, the time within which answers in support of or in opposition to a petition for review filed by another party may be filed and, in the case of an initial decision which may become final in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section, the date when it may become final.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.