10 CFR § 20.1001 - Purpose.
(a) The regulations in this part establish standards for protection against ionizing radiation resulting from activities conducted under licenses issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. These regulations are issued under the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974, as amended.
(b) It is the purpose of the regulations in this part to control the receipt, possession, use, transfer, and disposal of licensed material by any licensee in such a manner that the total dose to an individual (including doses resulting from licensed and unlicensed radioactive material and from radiation sources other than background radiation) does not exceed the standards for protection against radiation prescribed in the regulations in this part. However, nothing in this part shall be construed as limiting actions that may be necessary to protect health and safety.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 459.3205 - 459.3205 - Adoption by reference of certain provisions of federal regulations.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-1201 - R313-15-1201 - Reports of Stolen, Lost, or Missing Licensed or Registered Sources of Radiation.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-203 - R313-15-203 - Determination of External Dose from Airborne Radioactive Material.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-302 - R313-15-302 - Compliance with Dose Limits for Individual Members of the Public.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-502 - R313-15-502 - Conditions Requiring Individual Monitoring of External and Internal Occupational Dose.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-704 - R313-15-704 - Further Restrictions on the Use of Respiratory Protection Equipment.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-15-705 - R313-15-705 - Application for Use of Higher Assigned Protection Factors.
- Utah Admin. Code R313-22-35 - R313-22-35 - Financial Assurance and Recordkeeping for Decommissioning.