10 CFR 20.1901 - Caution signs.
(a)Standard radiation symbol. Unless otherwise authorized by the Commission, the symbol prescribed by this part shall use the colors magenta, or purple, or black on yellow background. The symbol prescribed by this part is the three-bladed design:
(1) Cross-hatched area is to be magenta, or purple, or black, and
(2) The background is to be yellow.
(b)Exception to color requirements for standard radiation symbol. Notwithstanding the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, licensees are authorized to label sources, source holders, or device components containing sources of licensed materials that are subjected to high temperatures, with conspicuously etched or stamped radiation caution symbols and without a color requirement.
(c)Additional information on signs and labels. In addition to the contents of signs and labels prescribed in this part, the licensee may provide, on or near the required signs and labels, additional information, as appropriate, to make individuals aware of potential radiation exposures and to minimize the exposures.
- 10 CFR 39.15 — Agreement With Well Owner or Operator.
- 10 CFR 32.71 — Manufacture and Distribution of Byproduct Material for Certain in Vitro Clinical or Laboratory Testing Under General License.
- 10 CFR 39.31 — Labels, Security, and Transportation Precautions.
- 10 CFR 32.51 — Byproduct Material Contained in Devices for Use Under § 31.5; Requirements for License to Manufacture, or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.61 — Ice Detection Devices Containing Strontium-90; Requirements for License to Manufacture or Initially Transfer.
- 10 CFR 32.54 — Same: Labeling of Devices.