10 CFR 25.11 - Specific exemptions.
(a) Authorized by law, will not present an undue risk to the public health and safety, and are consistent with the common defense and security; or
(b) Coincidental with one or more of the following:
(1) An application of the regulation in the particular circumstances conflicts with other NRC rules or requirements;
(2) An application of the regulation in the particular circumstances would not serve the underlying purpose of the rule or is not necessary to achieve the underlying purpose of the rule;
(3) When compliance would result in undue hardship or other costs that significantly exceed those contemplated when the regulation was adopted, or that significantly exceed those incurred by others similarly situated;
(4) When the exemption would result in benefit to the common defense and security that compensates for any decrease in the security that may result from the grant of the exemption;
(5) When the exemption would provide only temporary relief from the applicable regulation and the licensee or applicant has made good faith efforts to comply with the regulation;
(6) When there is any other material circumstance present that was not considered when the regulation was adopted that would be in the public interest to grant an exemption. If this condition is relied on exclusively for satisfying paragraph (b) of this section, the exemption may not be granted until the Executive Director for Operations has consulted with the Commission.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 25 after this date.