10 CFR § 455.31 - Allocation formulas.
(a) Financial assistance for conducting technical assistance programs for units of local government and public care institutions shall be allocated among the States by multiplying the sum available by the allocation factor set forth in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) Financial assistance for conducting technical assistance programs and acquiring and installing energy conservation measures, including renewable resource measures, for schools and hospitals, shall be allocated among the States by multiplying the sum available by the allocation factor set forth in paragraph (c) of this section.
(c) The allocation factor (K) shall be determined by the formula:
(1) Sfc is the projected average retail cost per million Btu's of energy consumed within the region in which the State is located as contained in current regional energy cost projections obtained from DOE.
(2) Nfc is the summation of the Sfc numerators for all States;
(3) N is the total number of eligible States;
(4) SP is the population of the State;
(6) NPC is the summation of the (SP)(SC) numerators for all States.
(d) Except for the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, no allocation available to any State may be less than 0.5 percent of all amounts allocated in any grant program cycle. No State will be allocated more than 10 percent of the funds allocated in any grant program cycle.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.