10 CFR 490.805 - Application for waiver.
(a) A State or covered person must apply for a waiver applicable to an entire fleet for a full model year in accordance with the deadlines specified in paragraph (b) of this section. DOE will not grant a waiver for less than an entire fleet or less than a full model year.
(c) A waiver application must include verifiable data that is sufficient to enable DOE to determine whether the State or covered person is likely to achieve the amount of petroleum reduction required for alternative compliance and whether the fleet is in compliance with Clean Air Act vehicle emission standards. At a minimum, the State entity or covered person must provide DOE with the following information:
(1) The model year for which the waiver is requested;
(ii) The number of alternative fueled vehicle acquisitions that the State or covered person would, without a waiver, have been required to acquire during the model years for which waivers were previously granted;
(iv) Any required alternative fuel vehicles acquired during a waiver or non-waiver year or light-duty vehicles acquired in lieu of alternative fuels vehicles during a waiver year that are to be retired before the beginning of the waiver year;
(3) The anticipated amount of gasoline and diesel and alternative fuel (calculated in gasoline gallon equivalents (gge)) to be used by the covered light-duty vehicles in the fleet for the waiver year including an estimate of per vehicle average fuel use in these vehicles;
(4) A petroleum reduction plan as described in paragraph (d) of this section; and
(5) Documents, or a certification by a responsible official of the State or covered person, demonstrating that the fleet is in compliance with all applicable vehicle emission standards established by the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Air Act.
(d) The petroleum reduction plan required by paragraph (c)(4) of this section must contain a documented explanation as to how the State or covered person will meet the reduction in petroleum consumption required by § 490.803(a) of this subpart.
(1) The planned actions must:
(i) Be verifiable;
(iii) Provide for a net reduction in petroleum consumption as specified in § 490.803(a) of this subpart.
(2) The documentation for the plan may include, but is not limited to, published data on fuel efficiency, Government data, letters from manufacturers, and data on actual usage.
(e) A State or covered person must send its report, and two copies, to DOE on official company or agency letterhead, and the report must be signed by a responsible company or agency official. Send to: Regulatory Manager, Alternative Fuel Transportation Program, FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies Program, EE-2G/Forrestal Building, U.S. Department of Energy, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585.