10 CFR 5.550 - Sex as a bona fide occupational qualification.
A recipient may take action otherwise prohibited by §§ 5.500 through 5.550 provided it is shown that sex is a bona fide occupational qualification for that action, such that consideration of sex with regard to such action is essential to successful operation of the employment function concerned. A recipient shall not take action pursuant to this section that is based upon alleged comparative employment characteristics or stereotyped characterizations of one or the other sex, or upon preference based on sex of the recipient, employees, students, or other persons, but nothing contained in this section shall prevent a recipient from considering an employee's sex in relation to employment in a locker room or toilet facility used only by members of one sex.
- 10 CFR 5.435 — Employment Assistance to Students.
- 10 CFR 5.520 — Job Classification and Structure.
- 10 CFR 5.510 — Recruitment.
- 10 CFR 5.500 — Employment.
- 10 CFR 5.535 — Effect of State or Local Law or Other Requirements.
- 10 CFR 5.550 — Sex as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification.
- 10 CFR 5.440 — Health and Insurance Benefits and Services.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 5.