10 CFR 54.21 - Contents of application - technical information.
Each application must contain the following information:
(a)An integrated plant assessment (IPA). The IPA must -
(1) For those systems, structures, and components within the scope of this part, as delineated in § 54.4, identify and list those structures and components subject to an aging management review. Structures and components subject to an aging management review shall encompass those structures and components -
(i) That perform an intended function, as described in § 54.4, without moving parts or without a change in configuration or properties. These structures and components include, but are not limited to, the reactor vessel, the reactor coolant system pressure boundary, steam generators, the pressurizer, piping, pump casings, valve bodies, the core shroud, component supports, pressure retaining boundaries, heat exchangers, ventilation ducts, the containment, the containment liner, electrical and mechanical penetrations, equipment hatches, seismic Category I structures, electrical cables and connections, cable trays, and electrical cabinets, excluding, but not limited to, pumps (except casing), valves (except body), motors, diesel generators, air compressors, snubbers, the control rod drive, ventilation dampers, pressure transmitters, pressure indicators, water level indicators, switchgears, cooling fans, transistors, batteries, breakers, relays, switches, power inverters, circuit boards, battery chargers, and power supplies; and
(ii) That are not subject to replacement based on a qualified life or specified time period.
(2) Describe and justify the methods used in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(3) For each structure and component identified in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, demonstrate that the effects of aging will be adequately managed so that the intended function(s) will be maintained consistent with the CLB for the period of extended operation.
(b)CLB changes during NRC review of the application. Each year following submittal of the license renewal application and at least 3 months before scheduled completion of the NRC review, an amendment to the renewal application must be submitted that identifies any change to the CLB of the facility that materially affects the contents of the license renewal application, including the FSAR supplement.
(c)An evaluation of time-limited aging analyses.
(i) The analyses remain valid for the period of extended operation;
(ii) The analyses have been projected to the end of the period of extended operation; or
(iii) The effects of aging on the intended function(s) will be adequately managed for the period of extended operation.
(2) A list must be provided of plant-specific exemptions granted pursuant to 10 CFR 50.12 and in effect that are based on time-limited aging analyses as defined in § 54.3. The applicant shall provide an evaluation that justifies the continuation of these exemptions for the period of extended operation.
(d)An FSAR supplement. The FSAR supplement for the facility must contain a summary description of the programs and activities for managing the effects of aging and the evaluation of time-limited aging analyses for the period of extended operation determined by paragraphs (a) and (c) of this section, respectively.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 54 after this date.
- 10 CFR 54.4 — Scope.
- 10 CFR 54.3 — Definitions.
- 10 CFR 54.33 — Continuation of CLB and Conditions of Renewed License.
- 10 CFR 51.53 — Postconstruction Environmental Reports.
- 10 CFR 54.29 — Standards for Issuance of a Renewed License.
- 10 CFR 54.43 — Criminal Penalties.
- 10 CFR 54.30 — Matters Not Subject to a Renewal Review.
- 10 CFR 54.9 — Information Collection Requirements: OMB Approval.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 54.