10 CFR 609.7 - Closing on the loan guarantee agreement.
(a) Subsequent to entering into a Conditional Commitment with an Applicant, DOE, after consultation with the Applicant, will set a closing date for execution of a Loan Guarantee Agreement.
(b) Prior to or on the closing date of a Loan Guarantee Agreement, DOE will ensure that:
(1) One of the following has occurred:
(i) An appropriation for the Credit Subsidy Cost has been made;
(ii) The Secretary has received from the Borrower payment in full for the Credit Subsidy Cost and deposited the payment into the Treasury; or
(iii) A combination of one or more appropriations under paragraph (b)(1)(i) of this section and one or more payments from the Borrower under paragraph (b)(1)(ii) of this section has been made that is equal to the Credit Subsidy Cost;
(2) Pursuant to section 1702(h) of the Act, DOE has received from the Applicant the remainder of the Facility Fee referred to in § 609.11(b);
(3) OMB has reviewed and approved DOE's calculation of the Credit Subsidy Cost of the Guarantee;
(4) The Department of the Treasury has been consulted as to the terms and conditions of the Loan Guarantee Agreement;
(5) The Loan Guarantee Agreement and related documents contain all terms and conditions DOE deems reasonable and necessary to protect the interest of the United States;
(6) Each holder of the Guaranteed Obligations is an Eligible Lender, and the servicer of the Guaranteed Obligations meets the servicing performance requirements of § 609.9(b);
(7) DOE has determined the principal amount of the Guaranteed Obligations expected to be issued in respect of the Eligible Project, as estimated at the time of issuance, will not exceed 80 percent of the Project Costs of the Eligible Project;
(8) All conditions precedent specified in the Conditional Commitment are either satisfied or waived by the Contracting Officer and all other applicable contractual, statutory, and regulatory requirements have been satisfied or waived by the Contracting Officer. If the counterparty to the Conditional Commitment has not satisfied all such terms and conditions on or prior to the closing date of the Loan Guarantee Agreement, the Secretary may, in his discretion, set a new closing date, or terminate the Conditional Commitment; and
(9) Where the total Project Costs for an Eligible Project are projected to exceed $25 million, the Applicant must provide a credit rating from a nationally recognized rating agency reflecting the revised Conditional Commitment for the project without a Federal guarantee. Where total Project Costs are projected to be $25 million or less, the Secretary may, on a case-by-case basis, require a credit rating. If a credit rating is required, an updated rating must be provided to the Secretary not later than 30 days prior to closing.
Title 10 published on 10-May-2017 03:48
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 609 after this date.