10 CFR 71.33 - Package description.
The application must include a description of the proposed package in sufficient detail to identify the package accurately and provide a sufficient basis for evaluation of the package. The description must include -
(a) With respect to the packaging -
(1) Classification as Type B(U), Type B(M), or fissile material packaging;
(2) Gross weight;
(3) Model number;
(4) Identification of the containment system;
(5) Specific materials of construction, weights, dimensions, and fabrication methods of -
(ii) Materials specifically used as nonfissile neutron absorbers or moderators;
(iii) Internal and external structures supporting or protecting receptacles;
(iv) Valves, sampling ports, lifting devices, and tie-down devices; and
(v) Structural and mechanical means for the transfer and dissipation of heat; and
(6) Identification and volumes of any receptacles containing coolant.
(b) With respect to the contents of the package -
(1) Identification and maximum radioactivity of radioactive constituents;
(2) Identification and maximum quantities of fissile constituents;
(3) Chemical and physical form;
(4) Extent of reflection, the amount and identity of nonfissile materials used as neutron absorbers or moderators, and the atomic ratio of moderator to fissile constituents;
(5) Maximum normal operating pressure;
(6) Maximum weight;
(7) Maximum amount of decay heat; and
(8) Identification and volumes of any coolants.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 71 after this date.