10 CFR 824.6 - Preliminary notice of violation.
(a) In order to begin a proceeding to impose a civil penalty under this part, the Director shall notify the person by a written preliminary notice of violation sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, of:
(2) The particular provision of the regulation, rule or compliance order involved in each alleged violation;
(3) The proposed remedy for each alleged violation, including the amount of any civil penalty proposed; and,
(4) The right of the person to submit a written reply to the Director within 30 calendar days of receipt of such preliminary notice of violation.
(b) A reply to a preliminary notice of violation must contain a statement of all relevant facts pertaining to an alleged violation. The reply must:
(2) Demonstrate any extenuating circumstances or other reason why a proposed remedy should not be imposed or should be mitigated;
(3) Discuss the relevant authorities which support the position asserted, including rulings, regulations, interpretations, and previous decisions issued by DOE;
(c) If a person fails to submit a written reply within 30 calendar days of receipt of a preliminary notice of violation:
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 824.