11 CFR § 100.33 - Personal funds.
Personal funds of a candidate means the sum of all of the following:
(a)Assets. Amounts derived from any asset that, under applicable State law, at the time the individual became a candidate, the candidate had legal right of access to or control over, and with respect to which the candidate had -
(1) Legal and rightful title; or
(2) An equitable interest;
(b)Income. Income received during the current election cycle, of the candidate, including:
(1) A salary and other earned income that the candidate earns from bona fide employment;
(2) Income from the candidate's stocks or other investments including interest, dividends, or proceeds from the sale or liquidation of such stocks or investments;
(3) Bequests to the candidate;
(4) Income from trusts established before the beginning of the election cycle;
(5) Income from trusts established by bequest after the beginning of the election cycle of which the candidate is the beneficiary;
(6) Gifts of a personal nature that had been customarily received by the candidate prior to the beginning of the election cycle; and
(7) Proceeds from lotteries and similar legal games of chance; and
(c)Jointly owned assets. Amounts derived from a portion of assets that are owned jointly by the candidate and the candidate's spouse as follows:
(1) The portion of assets that is equal to the candidate's share of the asset under the instrument of conveyance or ownership; provided, however,
(2) If no specific share is indicated by an instrument of conveyance or ownership, the value of one-half of the property.