11 CFR 106.8 - Allocation of expenses for political party committee phone banks that refer to a clearly identified Federal candidate.
prev | next
(a) Scope. This section applies to the costs of a phone bank conducted by a national, State, district, or local committee or organization of a political party where—
(2) The communication does not refer to any other clearly identified Federal or non-Federal candidate;
(3) The communication includes another reference that generically refers to other candidates of the Federal candidate's party without clearly identifying them;
(4) The communication does not solicit a contribution, donation, or any other funds from any person; and
(5) The phone bank is not exempt from the definition of “contribution” under11 CFR 100.89 and is not exempt from the definition of “expenditure” under 11 CFR 100.149.
(b) Attribution. Each disbursement for the costs of a phone bank described in paragraph (a) of this section shall be attributed as follows:
(1) Fifty percent of the disbursement is not attributable to any other Federal or non-Federal candidate, but must be paid for entirely with Federal funds; and
(2) Fifty percent of the disbursement is attributed to the clearly identified Federal candidate and must be paid for entirely with Federal funds. This disbursement may be one or a combination of the following:
(ii) A coordinated expenditure or an independent expenditure, subject to the limitations, restrictions, and requirements of11 CFR 109.10, 109.32, and 109.33; or
Title 11 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 11 CFR Part 106.