(a) In accordance with 2 U.S.C. 438(a), the Commission shall make the following material available for public inspection and copying through the Commission's Public Disclosure Division:
(1) Reports of receipts and expenditures, designations of campaign depositories, statements of organization, candidate designations of campaign committees and the indices compiled from the filings therein.
(2) Requests for advisory opinions, written comments submitted in connection therewith, and responses issued by the Commission.
(3) With respect to enforcement matters, any conciliation agreement entered into between the Commission and any respondent.
(4) Opinions of Commissioners rendered in enforcement cases and General Counsel's Reports and non-exempt 2 U.S.C. 437g investigatory materials shall be placed on the public record of the Agency no later than 30 days from the date on which all respondents are notified that the Commission has voted to close such an enforcement file.
(5) Letter requests for guidance and responses thereto.
(6) The minutes of Commission meetings.
(7) Material routinely prepared for public distribution, e.g. campaign guidelines, FEC Record, press releases, speeches, notices to candidates and committees.
(8) Audit reports (if discussed in open session).
(9) Agendas for Commission meetings.
(b) The provisions of this part apply only to existing records; nothing herein shall be construed as requiring the creation of new records.
(c) In order to ensure the integrity of the Commission records subject to the Act and the maximum availability of such records to the public, nothing herein shall be construed as permitting the physical removal of any Commission records from the public facilities maintained by the Public Disclosure Division other than copies of such records obtained in accordance with the provisions of this part.
(d) Release of records under this section is subject to the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 552a.
[45 FR 31293, May 13, 1980, as amended at 65 FR 9207, Feb. 24, 2000]
Title 11 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 11.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.