§ 9008.52Receipts and disbursements of host committees.
(a)Receipt of goods or services from commercial vendors. Host committees may accept goods or services from commercial vendors under the same terms and conditions (including reporting requirements) set forth at 11 CFR 9008.9 for convention committees.
(b)Receipt of donations from businesses, organizations, and individuals. Businesses (including banks), labor organizations, and other organizations or individuals may donate funds or make in-kind donations to a host committee to be used for the following purposes:
(1) To defray those expenses incurred for the purpose of promoting the suitability of the city as a convention site;
(2) To defray those expenses incurred for welcoming the convention attendees to the city, such as expenses for information booths, receptions, and tours;
(3) To defray those expenses incurred in facilitating commerce, such as providing the convention and attendees with shopping and entertainment guides and distributing the samples and promotional material specified in 11 CFR 9008.9(c);
(4) To defray the administrative expenses incurred by the host committee, such as salaries, rent, travel, and liability insurance;
(5) To provide the national committee use of an auditorium or convention center and to provide construction and convention related services for that location such as: construction of podiums; press tables; false floors; camera platforms; additional seating; lighting, electrical, air conditioning and loudspeaker systems; offices; office equipment; and decorations;
(6) To defray the costs of various local transportation services, including the provision of buses and automobiles;
(7) To defray the costs of law enforcement services necessary to assure orderly conventions;
(8) To defray the cost of using convention bureau personnel to provide central housing and reservation services;
(9) To provide hotel rooms at no charge or a reduced rate on the basis of the number of rooms actually booked for the convention;
(10) To provide accommodations and hospitality for committees of the parties responsible for choosing the sites of the conventions; and
(11) To provide other similar convention-related facilities and services.