12 CFR 1213.3 - Authorities and duties of the Ombudsman.
(a) General. The Office shall be headed by an Ombudsman, who shall consider complaints and appeals from any regulated entity, the Office of Finance, and any person that has a business relationship with a regulated entity or the Office of Finance regarding any matter relating to the regulation and supervision of such regulated entity or the Office of Finance by FHFA. In considering any complaint or appeal under this part, the Ombudsman shall:
(1) Conduct inquiries and submit findings of fact and recommendations to the Director concerning resolution of the complaint or appeal, and
(2) Act as a facilitator or mediator to advance the resolution of the complaint or appeal.
(b) Other duties. The Ombudsman shall:
(1) Establish procedures for carrying out the functions of the Office,
(2) Establish and publish procedures for receiving and considering complaints and appeals, and
(3) Report annually to the Director on the activities of the Office, or more frequently, as determined by the Director.