12 CFR 1235.4 - Minimum requirements of a record retention program.
(a) General minimum requirements. The record retention program established and maintained by each regulated entity and the Office of Finance under § 1235.3 shall:
(i) Are appropriate to support administrative, business, external and internal audit functions, and litigation of the regulated entity or the Office of Finance; and
(3) Assign in writing the authorities and responsibilities for record retention activities for employees, including line managers and corporate management;
(4) Include policies and procedures concerning record holds, consistent with§ 1235.5, and, as appropriate, integrate them with policies and procedures throughout the organization;
(5) Include an accurate, current, and comprehensive record retention schedule that lists records by major categories, subcategories, record type, and retention period, which retention period is appropriate to the specific record and consistent with applicable legal, regulatory, fiscal, operational, and business requirements;
(6) Include appropriate security and internal controls to protect records from unauthorized access and data alteration;
(7) Provide for appropriate back-up and recovery of electronic records to ensure the same accuracy as the primary records;
(b) Minimum storage requirements for electronic records. Electronic records, preferably searchable, must be maintained on immutable, non-rewritable storage in a manner that provides for both ready access by any person who is entitled to access the records, including staff of FHFA, and accurate reproduction for later reference by transmission, printing or other means.
(1) The record retention program established and maintained by each regulated entity and the Office of Finance under§ 1235.3 shall provide for periodic training and communication throughout the organization.
(i) Provide for communication throughout the organization on record retention policies, procedures, and record retention schedule updates; and
(ii) Provide for training of and notice to all employees on a periodic basis on their record retention responsibilities, including instruction regarding penalties provided by law for the unlawful removal or destruction of records. The record retention program also shall provide for training for the agents or independent contractors of a regulated entity or the Office of Finance, as appropriate, consistent with their respective roles and responsibilities to the regulated entity or the Office of Finance.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 1235.