12 CFR 1273.8 - General duties of the OF board of directors.
(1) Carry out his or her duties as director in good faith, in a manner such director believes to be in the best interests of the OF and the Bank System, and with such care, including reasonable inquiry, as an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would use under similar circumstances;
(2) Administer the affairs of the OF fairly and impartially and without discrimination in favor of or against any Bank;
(3) At the time of appointment or election, or within a reasonable time thereafter, have a working familiarity with basic finance and accounting practices, including the ability to read and understand the Banks' combined balance sheets and income statements and the relevant financial statements of the OF and to ask substantive questions of management and the internaland external auditors with regard to both the combined financial statements of the Bank System and the operations and financial statements of the OF, as appropriate; and
(4) Direct the operations of the OF in conformity with the requirements set forth in the Bank Act, Safety and Soundness Act, and this chapter.
(b) Meetings and quorum. The OF board of directors shall conduct its business by majority vote of its members at meetings convened in accordance with its by-laws, and shall hold no fewer than six in-person meetings annually. Due notice shall be given to FHFA by the Chair prior to each meeting. A quorum, for purposes of meetings of the OF board of directors, shall require a majority of sitting board members, which must include a majority of sitting Independent Directors.
(c) Duties regarding COs. The OF board of directors shall oversee the establishment of policies regarding COs that shall:
(1) Govern the frequency and timing of issuance, issue size, minimum denomination, CO concessions, underwriter qualifications, currency of issuance, interest-rate change or conversion features, call features, principal indexing features, selection and retention of outside counsel, selection of clearing organizations, and the selection and compensation of underwriters for consolidated obligations, which shall be in accordance with the requirements and limitations set forth in paragraph (c)(4) of this section;
(2) Prohibit the issuance of COs intended to be privately placed with or sold without the participation of an underwriter to retail investors, or issued with a concession structure designed to facilitate the placement of the COs in retail accounts, unless the OF has given notice to the board of directors of each Bank describing a policy permitting such issuances, soliciting comments from each Bank's board of directors, and considering the comments received before adopting a policy permitting such issuance activities;
(3) Require all broker-dealers or underwriters under contract to the OF to have and maintain adequate suitability sales practices and policies, which shall be acceptable to, and subject to review by, the OF;
(4) Require that COs shall be issued efficiently and at the lowest all-in funding costs over time, consistent with—
(i) Prudent risk-management practices, prudential debt parameters, short and long-term market conditions, and the Banks' role as GSEs;
(iii) Positioning the issuance of debt to take advantage of current and future capital market opportunities.
(2) Approve a strategic business plan for the OF in accordance with the provisions of§ 917.5 of this title, as appropriate;
(3) Review, adopt and monitor annual operating and capital budgets of the OF in accordance with the provisions of§ 917.8 of this title, as appropriate;
(4) Select, employ, determine the compensation for, and assign the duties and functions of a Chief Executive Officer of the OF who shall—
(ii) Serve as a member of the Directorate of the FICO, pursuant tosection 21(b)(1)(A) of the Bank Act (12 U.S.C. 1441(b)(1)(A)); and
(iii) Serve as a member of the Directorate of the REFCORP, pursuant tosection 21B(c)(1)(A) of the Bank Act (12 U.S.C. 1441b(c)(1)(A)).
(5) Review and approve all contracts of the OF, except for contracts for which exclusive authority is provided to the Audit Committee by paragraphs (b)(5) and (b)(6) of§ 1273.9; and
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 1273.