12 CFR 1301.2 - Information made available.
(a)General. The FOIA provides for access to records developed or maintained by a Federal agency. The provisions of the FOIA are intended to assure the right of the public to information. Generally, this section divides agency records into three major categories and provides methods by which each category of records is to be made available to the public. The three major categories of records are as follows:
(1) Information required to be published in the Federal Register (see § 1301.3);
(2) Information required to be made available for public inspection in an electronic format or, in the alternative, to be published and offered for sale (see § 1301.4); and
(3) Information required to be made available to any member of the public upon specific request (see §§ 1301.5 through 1301.12).
(b)Right of access. Subject to the exemptions and exclusions set forth in the FOIA ( 5 U.S.C. 552(b) and (c)), and the regulations set forth in this subpart, any person shall be afforded access to records.
(1) The disclosure requirements of 5 U.S.C. 552(a) do not apply to certain records which are exempt under 5 U.S.C. 552(b); nor do the disclosure requirements apply to certain records which are excluded under 5 U.S.C. 552(c).
(2) The Council shall withhold records or information under the FOIA only when it reasonably foresees that disclosure would harm an interest protected by a FOIA exemption or when disclosure is prohibited by law. Whenever the Council determines that full disclosure of a requested record is not possible, the Council shall consider whether partial disclosure is possible and shall take reasonable steps to segregate and release nonexempt information. Nothing in this paragraph requires disclosure of information that is otherwise exempted from disclosure under 12 U.S.C. 552(b)(3).
Title 12 published on 2015-12-05
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 1301 after this date.
Title 12 published on 2015-12-05.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.