12 CFR 1403.5 - Disclosure of requested information to individuals.
(a) The Privacy Act Officer shall, within a reasonable period of time after the date of receipt of a request for information of records:
(1) Determine whether or not such request shall be granted;
(2) Notify the requester of the determination, and, if the request is denied, of the reasons therefor; and
(3) Notify the requester that fees for reproducing copies of records may be charged as provided in § 1403.10.
(b) If access to a record is denied because the information therein has been compiled by the Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation in reasonable anticipation of a civil or criminal action proceeding, the Privacy Act Officer shall notify the requester of that person's right to judicial appeal under 5 U.S.C. 552a(g).
(1) If access to a record is granted, the requester shall notify the Privacy Act Officer whether the requested record is to be copied and mailed to the requester or whether the record is to be made available for personal inspection.
(2) A requester who is an individual may be accompanied by an individual selected by the requester when the record is disclosed, in which case the requester may be required to furnish a written statement authorizing the discussion of the record in the presence of the accompanying person.
(d) If the record is to be made available for personal inspection, the requester shall arrange with the Privacy Act Officer a mutually agreeable time in the offices of the Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation for inspection of the record.