12 CFR 225.44 - Reporting of stock loans.
(1) Any foreign bank or affiliate of a foreign bank that has credit outstanding to any person or group of persons, in the aggregate, which is secured, directly or indirectly, by 25 percent or more of any class of voting securities of a state member bank, shall file a consolidated report with the appropriate Reserve Bank for the state member bank.
(3) Any shares of the state member bank held by the foreign bank or any affiliate of the foreign bank as principal must be included in the calculation of the number of shares in which the foreign bank or its affiliate has a security interest for purposes of paragraph (a) of this section.
(b)Definitions. For purposes of paragraph (a) of this section:
(1)Foreign bank shall have the same meaning as in section 1(b) of the International Banking Act of 1978 ( 12 U.S.C. 3101).
(2)Credit outstanding includes any loan or extension of credit; the issuance of a guarantee, acceptance, or letter of credit, including an endorsement or standby letter of credit; and any other type of transaction that extends credit or financing to the person or group of persons.
(i) Are acting together, in concert, or with one another to acquire or control shares of the same insured depository institution, including an acquisition of shares of the same depository institution at approximately the same time under substantially the same terms; or
(ii) Have made, or propose to make, a joint filing under section 13 or 14 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ( 15 U.S.C. 78m or 78n), and the rules promulgated thereunder by the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding ownership of the shares of the same insured depository institution.
(c)Exceptions. Compliance with paragraph (a) of this section is not required if:
(1) The person or group of persons referred to in that paragraph has disclosed the amount borrowed and the security interest therein to the Board or appropriate Reserve Bank in connection with a notice filed under § 225.41 of this subpart, or another application filed with the Board or Reserve Bank as a substitute for a notice under § 225.41 of this subpart, including an application filed under section 3 of the BHC Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1842) or section 18(c) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (Bank Merger Act, 12 U.S.C. 1828(c)), or an application for membership in the Federal Reserve System; or
(2) The transaction involves a person or group of persons that has been the owner or owners of record of the stock for a period of one year or more; or, if the transaction involves stock issued by a newly chartered bank, before the bank is opened for business.
(1) The consolidated report shall indicate the number and percentage of shares securing each applicable extension of credit, the identity of the borrower, and the number of shares held as principal by the foreign bank and any affiliate thereof.
(2) A foreign bank, or any affiliate of a foreign bank, shall file the consolidated report in writing within 30 days of the date on which the foreign bank or affiliate first believes that the security for any outstanding credit consists of 25 percent or more of any class of voting securities of a state member bank.
(e)Other reporting requirements. A foreign bank, or any affiliate thereof, that is supervised by the System and is required to report credit outstanding that is secured by the shares of an insured depository institution to another Federal banking agency also shall file a copy of the report with the appropriate Reserve Bank.
Title 12 published on 17-Jun-2017 04:33
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 225 after this date.