12 CFR 263.3 - Definitions.
For purposes of this subpart, unless explicitly stated to the contrary:
(a) Administrative law judge means one who presides at an administrative hearing under authority set forth at 5 U.S.C. 556.
(b) Adjudicatory proceeding means a proceeding conducted pursuant to these rules and leading to the formulation of a final order other than a regulation.
(c) Decisional employee means any member of the Board's or administrative law judge's staff who has not engaged in an investigative or prosecutorial role in a proceeding and who may assist the Agency or the administrative law judge, respectively, in preparing orders, recommended decisions, decisions, and other documents under the Uniform Rules.
(d) Enforcement Counsel means any individual who files a notice of appearance as counsel on behalf of the Board in an adjudicatory proceeding.
(e) Final order means an order issued by the Board with or without the consent of the affected institution or the institution-affiliated party, that has become final, without regard to the pendency of any petition for reconsideration or review.
(f) Institution includes: (1) Any bank as that term is defined in section 3(a) of the FDIA (12 U.S.C. 1813(a));
(2) Any bank holding company or any subsidiary (other than a bank) of a bank holding company as those terms are defined in the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.);
(3) Any organization operating under section 25 of the FRA (12 U.S.C. 601 et seq.);
(4) Any foreign bank or company to which section 8 of the IBA (12 U.S.C. 3106), applies or any subsidiary (other than a bank) thereof;
(5) Any Federal agency as that term is defined in section 1(b) of the IBA (12 U.S.C. 3101(5)); and
(6) Any savings and loan holding company or any subsidiary (other than a savings association) of a savings and loan holding company as those terms are defined in the HOLA (12 U.S.C. 1461 et seq.).
(g) Institution-affiliated party means any institution-affiliated party as that term is defined in section 3(u) of the FDIA (12 U.S.C. 1813(u)).
(i) OFIA means the Office of Financial Institution Adjudication, the executive body charged with overseeing the administration of administrative enforcement proceedings for the Board, the Office of Comptroller of the Currency (the OCC), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (the FDIC), and the National Credit Union Administration (the NCUA).
(k) Person means an individual, sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, unincorporated association, trust, joint venture, pool, syndicate, agency or other entity or organization, including an institution as defined in paragraph (f) of this section.
(l) Respondent means any party other than the Board.
(m) Uniform Rules means those rules in subpart A of this part that are common to the Board, the OCC, the FDIC, and the NCUA.
(n) Violation includes any action (alone or with another or others) for or toward causing, bringing about, participating in, counseling, or aiding or abetting a violation.
[56 FR 38052, Aug. 9, 1991, as amended at 76 FR 56603, Sept. 13, 2011]
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.