12 CFR 626.6025 - Equal housing lender poster.
(a) Each Farm Credit institution that makes loans for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling or any loan secured by a dwelling shall post and maintain an Equal Housing Lender Poster in the lobby of each of its offices. The poster shall be in a prominent place readily apparent to all persons seeking such loans.
(b) The Equal Housing Lender Poster shall be at least 11 inches by 14 inches in size, and shall bear the logotype and legend set forth in § 626.6020(b) of this subpart and the following text:
(The Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988)
UNDER THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING ACT, IT IS ILLEGAL, ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, OR FAMILIAL STATUS (HAVING CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18), TO:
• Deny a loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling, or deny any loan secured by a dwelling; or
• Discriminate in fixing the amount, interest rate, duration, application procedures, or other terms or conditions of such a loan, or in appraising property.
(The Consumer Credit Protection Act, as amended by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act Amendments of 1976)
• On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age,
• Because income is from public assistance, or
• Because a right was exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.