12 CFR 708b.2 - Definitions.
Conducted by an independent entity means:
(1) The independent entity will receive the ballots directly from voting members.
(2) After the conclusion of the special meeting that ends the ballot period, the independent entity will open all the ballots in its possession and tabulate the results. The entity must not open or tabulate any ballots before the conclusion of the special meeting.
(3) The independent entity will certify the final vote tally in writing to the credit union and provide a copy to the NCUA Regional Director. The certification will include, at a minimum, the number of members who voted, the number of affirmative votes, and the number of negative votes. During the course of the voting period the independent entity may provide the credit union with the names of members who have not yet voted, but may not provide any voting results to the credit union prior to certifying the final vote tally.
Continuing credit union means the credit union that will continue in operation after the merger.
Convert, conversion, and converting, when used in connection with insurance, refer to the act of canceling federal insurance and simultaneously obtaining insurance from another insurance carrier. They mean that after cancellation of federal insurance the credit union will be nonfederally-insured.
Independent entity means a company with experience in conducting corporate elections. No official or senior manager of the credit union, or the immediate family members of any official or senior manager, may have any ownership interest in, or be employed by, the entity.
Merger-related financial arrangement means a material increase in compensation (including indirect compensation, for example, bonuses, deferred compensation, or other financial rewards) or benefits that any board member or senior management official of a merging credit union may receive in connection with a merger transaction. For purposes of this definition, a material increase is an increase that exceeds the greater of 15 percent or $10,000.
Regional Director means either the director for the NCUA Regional Office for the region where a natural person credit union's main office is located or the director of the NCUA's Office of Consumer Financial Protection and Access. For corporate credit unions, regional director means the director of NCUA's Office of National Examinations and Supervision.
Secret ballot means no credit union employee or official can determine how a particular member voted. Credit union employees and officials are prohibited from assisting members in completing ballots or handling completed ballots.
Senior management official means the chief executive officer (who may hold the title of president or treasurer/manager), any assistant chief executive officer, and the chief financial officer.
Share insurance communication means any written communication, excluding the forms in subpart C of this part, that is made by or on behalf of a federally-insured credit union that is intended to be read by two or more credit union members and that mentions share insurance conversion or termination. The term:
(2) Includes, but is not limited to, communications delivered or made available by mail, e-mail, and internet website posting.
(3) Does not include communications intended to be read only by the credit union's own employees or officials.
State credit union means any credit union organized and operated according to the laws of any state, the several territories and possessions of the United States, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Accordingly, state authority means the appropriate state or territorial regulatory or supervisory authority for any such credit union.
Title 12 published on 17-Jun-2017 04:33
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 708b after this date.