12 CFR 723.7 - What are the collateral and security requirements?
(a) Except as provided in § 723.3 or unless your Regional Director grants a waiver, all member business loans, except those made under paragraphs (c), (d), and (e) of this section, must be secured by collateral as follows:
(1) The maximum loan-to-value ratio for all liens must not exceed 80% unless the value in excess of 80% is covered through private mortgage insurance or equivalent type of insurance, or insured, guaranteed, or subject to advance commitment to purchase by an agency of the federal government, an agency of a state or any of its political subdivisions, but in no case may the ratio exceed 95%;
(2) A borrower may not substitute any insurance, guarantee, or advance commitment to purchase by any agency of the federal government, a state or any political subdivision of such state for the collateral requirements of this paragraph.
(b) Principals, other than a not for profit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service Code (26 U.S.C. 501) or those where the Regional Director grants a waiver, must provide their personal liability and guarantee.
(c) You may make unsecured member business loans under the following conditions:
(1) You are a natural person credit union that is well capitalized as defined by § 702.102(a)(1) of this chapter or you are a corporate credit union that maintains a minimum capital ratio as required by § 704.3(d) of this chapter or a different ratio as permitted under § 704.3(e) of this chapter;
(2) The aggregate of the unsecured outstanding member business loans to any one member or group of associated members does not exceed the lesser of $100,000 or 2.5% of your net worth; and
(3) The aggregate of all unsecured outstanding member business loans does not exceed 10% of your net worth.
(d) You are exempt from the provisions of paragraphs (a), (b), and (c) of this section with respect to credit card line of credit programs offered to nonnatural person members that are limited to routine purposes normally made available under those programs.
(e) You may make vehicle loans under this part without complying with the loan-to-value ratios in this section, provided that the vehicle is a car, van, pick-up truck, or sports utility vehicle and not part of a fleet of vehicles.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 723 after this date.