12 CFR 725.4 - Agent membership.
(a) A central credit union or a group of central credit unions may become an Agent member of the Facility by (in the case of a group of central credit unions, each central credit union in the group must do each of the following except for paragraph (a)(2) of this section, which shall be done by the Agent group representative):
(2) Subscribing to the capital stock of the Facility in an amount equal to one-half of 1 percent of the paid-in and unimpaired capital and surplus (as determined in accordance with§ 725.5(b) of this part) of all the central credit union's or central credit union group's member natural person credit unions, except those which are Regular members of the Facility or which have access to the Facility through, and are included in the stock subscription of, another Agent. 2 Upon approval of the application, the Agent shall forward funds equal to one-half of this initial stock subscription to the Facility. 3
2 A natural person credit union which is a member of more than one Agent member of the Facility must designate through which Agent it will deal with the Facility, and the designated Agent will be responsible for including the capital and surplus of such credit union in the calculation of its stock subscription.
3 If the application is approved prior to October 1, 1979, these funds are not required to be forwarded to the Facility until October 1, 1979.
(i) A copy of the central credit union's financial and statistical report for the most recent calendar month;
(ii) Copies of the central credit union's charter and bylaws, unless such credit union is federally chartered; and
(4) Agreeing to submit to the supervision of the NCUA Board and to comply with all regulations and reporting requirements which the NCUA Board shall prescribe for Agent members;
(b) The NCUA Board may approve a central credit union or group of centralcredit unions as an Agent member of the Facility, provided the NCUA Board is satisfied that such credit union or credit union group meets certain criteria, including but not limited to the following (in the case of a group of central credit unions, each central credit union in the group must meet these criteria):
(1) The management policies are in writing, approved by the central credit union's board of directors, and reviewed annually by such board;
(2) Adequate internal controls are in place to assure accurate and timely reporting of transactions and the safeguarding of assets;
(4) Surety bond coverage provides protection for the central credit union while the central credit union is performing the duties of an Agent member of Facility;
(5) Management has demonstrated its ability to use such techniques as cash flow analysis, budgeting, and projections of sources and uses of funds to manage the affairs of the central credit union efficiently and in conformity with sound business practices; and
(6) There are no practices, procedures, policies, or other factors that would result in discrimination by the central credit union among natural person credit unions or inhibit its ability to act independently in its role as an Agent member of the Facility.
(1) Maintain records related to Facility activity in conformity with requirements prescribed by the NCUA Board from time to time; and
(2) Submit such reports as may be required by the Facility to determine financial soundness, quality and level of service, and conformity with established guidelines and procedures.
(d) Each Agent, or in the case of an Agent group, each central credit union in the group, must have on an annual basis a third party independent audit of its books and records and provide the Facility with copies of the report of such audit. The auditor selected must be recognized by a State or territorial licensing authority as possessing the requisite knowledge and experience to perform audits.
(e) Within 30 days after a natural person credit union becomes a member of a central credit union which is an Agent or a member of an Agent group, the agent, or in the case of an Agent group, the Agent group representative, shall subscribe to additional capital stock of the Facility in an amount equal to one-half of 1 percent of such credit union's paid-in and unimpaired capital and surplus, and shall forward funds equal to one-half of this stock subscription to the Facility. This subsection shall not apply if the natural person credit union is a Regular member of the Facility or has access to the Facility through, and is included in the stock subscription of, another Agent.
(f) A central credit union or group of central credit unions which becomes an Agent member of the Facility after February 23, 1980, may not receive a Facility advance without approval of the NCUA Board for a period of six months after becoming a member. This subsection shall not apply to any credit union which becomes an Agent member or a member of an Agent group within six months after such credit union is chartered within six months after such credit union has been an Agent or a member of another Agent group.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 725.