12 CFR 725.4 - Agent membership.
(a) A central credit union or a group of central credit unions may become an Agent member of the Facility by (in the case of a group of central credit unions, each central credit union in the group must do each of the following except for paragraph (a)(2) of this section, which shall be done by the Agent group representative):
(1) Making application on a form approved by the Facility;
(2) Subscribing to the capital stock of the Facility in an amount equal to one-half of 1 percent of the paid-in and unimpaired capital and surplus (as determined in accordance with § 725.5(b) of this part) of all the central credit union's or central credit union group's member natural person credit unions, except those which are Regular members of the Facility or which have access to the Facility through, and are included in the stock subscription of, another Agent. 2 Upon approval of the application, the Agent shall forward funds equal to one-half of this initial stock subscription to the Facility. 3
2 A natural person credit union which is a member of more than one Agent member of the Facility must designate through which Agent it will deal with the Facility, and the designated Agent will be responsible for including the capital and surplus of such credit union in the calculation of its stock subscription.
3 If the application is approved prior to October 1, 1979, these funds are not required to be forwarded to the Facility until October 1, 1979.
(3) Furnishing the following reports and documents with the completed membership application:
(i) A copy of the central credit union's financial and statistical report for the most recent calendar month;
(5) Agreeing to submit to periodic unrestricted examinations by the NCUA Board or its designee; and
(6) Obtaining the written approval of the NCUA Board.
(b) The NCUA Board may approve a central credit union or group of central credit unions as an Agent member of the Facility, provided the NCUA Board is satisfied that such credit union or credit union group meets certain criteria, including but not limited to the following (in the case of a group of central credit unions, each central credit union in the group must meet these criteria):
(2) Adequate internal controls are in place to assure accurate and timely reporting of transactions and the safeguarding of assets;
(3) The financial condition of the central credit union is sound with adequate reserves for losses;
(5) Management has demonstrated its ability to use such techniques as cash flow analysis, budgeting, and projections of sources and uses of funds to manage the affairs of the central credit union efficiently and in conformity with sound business practices; and
(6) There are no practices, procedures, policies, or other factors that would result in discrimination by the central credit union among natural person credit unions or inhibit its ability to act independently in its role as an Agent member of the Facility.
(2) Submit such reports as may be required by the Facility to determine financial soundness, quality and level of service, and conformity with established guidelines and procedures.
(d) Each Agent, or in the case of an Agent group, each central credit union in the group, must have on an annual basis a third party independent audit of its books and records and provide the Facility with copies of the report of such audit. The auditor selected must be recognized by a State or territorial licensing authority as possessing the requisite knowledge and experience to perform audits.
(e) Within 30 days after a natural person credit union becomes a member of a central credit union which is an Agent or a member of an Agent group, the agent, or in the case of an Agent group, the Agent group representative, shall subscribe to additional capital stock of the Facility in an amount equal to one-half of 1 percent of such credit union's paid-in and unimpaired capital and surplus, and shall forward funds equal to one-half of this stock subscription to the Facility. This subsection shall not apply if the natural person credit union is a Regular member of the Facility or has access to the Facility through, and is included in the stock subscription of, another Agent.
(f) A central credit union or group of central credit unions which becomes an Agent member of the Facility after February 23, 1980, may not receive a Facility advance without approval of the NCUA Board for a period of six months after becoming a member. This subsection shall not apply to any credit union which becomes an Agent member or a member of an Agent group within six months after such credit union is chartered within six months after such credit union has been an Agent or a member of another Agent group.
Title 12 published on 17-Jun-2017 04:33
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 725 after this date.