Appendix B to Part 213 - Federal Enforcement Agencies
The following list indicates which federal agency enforces Regulation M ( 12 CFR Part 213) for particular classes of business. Any questions concerning compliance by a particular business should be directed to the appropriate enforcement agency. Terms that are not defined in the Federal Deposit Insurance Act ( 12 U.S.C. 1813(s)) shall have the meaning given to them in the International Banking Act of 1978 ( 12 U.S.C. 3101).
1. National banks and federal branches and federal agencies of foreign banks
District office of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency for the district in which the institution is located.
2. State member banks, branches and agencies of foreign banks (other than federal branches, federal agencies, and insured state branches of foreign banks), commercial lending companies owned or controlled by foreign banks, and organizations operating under section 25 or 25A of the Federal Reserve Act
Federal Reserve Bank serving the District in which the institution is located.
3. Nonmember insured banks and insured state branches of foreign banks
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Regional Director for the region in which the institution is located.
4. Savings institutions insured under the Savings Association Insurance Fund of the FDIC and federally chartered savings banks insured under the Bank Insurance Fund of the FDIC (but not including state-chartered savings banks insured under the Bank Insurance Fund)
Office of Thrift Supervision regional director for the region in which the institution is located.
5. Federal credit unions
Regional office of the National Credit Union Administration serving the area in which the federal credit union is located.
6. Air carriers
Assistant General Counsel for Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings, Department of Transportation, 400 Seventh Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20590
7. Those subject to Packers and Stockyards Act
Nearest Packers and Stockyards Administration area supervisor.
8. Federal Land Banks, Federal Land Bank Associations, Federal Intermediate Credit Banks, and Production Credit Associations
Farm Credit Administration, 490 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W., Washington, DC 20578
9. All other lessors (lessors operating on a local or regional basis should use the address of the FTC regional office in which they operate)
Division of Credit Practices, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC 20580