13 CFR 120.524 - When is SBA released from liability on its guarantee?
(1) The Lender has failed to comply materially with any Loan Program Requirement for 7(a) loans.
(2) The Lender has failed to make, close, service, or liquidate a loan in a prudent manner;
(3) The Lender's improper action or inaction has placed SBA at risk;
(4) The Lender has failed to disclose a material fact to SBA regarding a guaranteed loan in a timely manner;
(5) The Lender has misrepresented a material fact to SBA regarding a guaranteed loan;
(6) SBA has received a written request from the Lender to terminate the guarantee;
(7) The Lender has not paid the guarantee fee within the period required under SBA rules and regulations;
(8) The Lender has failed to request that SBA purchase a guarantee within 180 days after maturity of the loan. However, if the Lender is conducting liquidation or debt collection litigation in connection with a loan that has matured, SBA will be released from its guarantee only if the Lender fails to request that SBA purchase the guarantee within 180 days after the completion of the liquidation or debt collection litigation;
(9) The Lender has failed to use required SBA forms or exact electronic copies; or
(10) The Borrower has paid the loan in full.
(b) If SBA determines, at any time, that any of the events set forth in paragraph (a) of this section occurred in connection with that loan, SBA is entitled to recover any moneys paid on the guarantee plus interest from the Lender responsible for those events.
(c) If the Lender's loan documentation or other information indicates that one or more of the events in paragraph (a) of this section occurred, SBA may undertake such investigation as it deems necessary to determine whether to honor or deny the guarantee, and may withhold a decision on whether to honor the guarantee until the completion of such investigation.
(d) Any information provided to SBA by a Lender or other party will not prejudice, or be construed as effecting any waiver of, SBA's right to deny liability for a guarantee if one or more of the events listed in paragraph (a) of this section occur.
Title 13 published on 2015-10-16
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 13 CFR Part 120 after this date.
Title 13 published on 2015-10-16.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 13.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.