13 CFR 120.651 - Claim to FTA by Registered Holder to replace Certificate.

§ 120.651 Claim to FTA by Registered Holder to replace Certificate.

(a) To replace a Certificate because of loss, theft, destruction, mutilation, or defacement, the Registered Holder must:

(1) Give the FTA information about the Certificate and the facts relating to the claim;

(2) File an indemnity bond acceptable to SBA and the FTA with a surety to protect the interests of SBA and the FTA;

(3) Pay the FTA its fee to replace a Certificate; and

(4) Use an affidavit of loss (form available from the FTA) to report:

(i) The name and address of the Registered Holder (and the name and capacity of any representative actually filing the claim);

(ii) The Certificate by Pool number, if applicable;

(iii) The Certificate number;

(iv) The original principal amount;

(v) The name in which the Certificate was registered;

(vi) Any assignment, endorsement or other writing on the Certificate; and

(vii) A statement of the circumstances of the theft or loss.

(b) When the FTA receives notice of the theft or loss, it will stop any transfer of the Certificate. The Registered Holder must send to the FTA all available portions of a mutilated or defaced Certificate. When the Registered Holder completes these steps, the FTA will replace the Certificate.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
Statutes at Large